Thursday, November 27, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S.

Now, you may have noticed that the global economy isn’t exactly doing well. There’s war. Starvation. All sorts of bad, scary things going on.

So–just for today–how about sharing 7 things that you’re thankful for?

This can be about books, sure–authors you appreciate, books you love, an ode to your public library–but also, how about other things, too? Because in times like these, with bills piling up and disaster seemingly lurking around every corner, it’s more important than ever to stop and take stock of the things we’re grateful for. Family. Friends. Good health (I hope). Coffee and tea. Turkey. Sunshine. Wagging tails. Curling up with a good book.

So, how about it? Spread a little positive thinking and tell the world what there is to be thankful for.

  1. I'm thankful I have a job to go to everyday - sure I worked 10 1/2 hours today (Thanksgiving) and it sucked, but I'm still greatful to have it. So many do not right now.
  2. I'm greatful I have such good kids - they are pretty well-minded, and they help out and just all around good kids.
  3. I'm thankful to have my family. My husbands are mostly gone now, so I can really apprciate the times I have with mine.
  4. I'm thankful for those great military men who fight for us. Freedom is one of our country's best assets and its just taken for granted to often. Thank you to the men in the military today who aren't with loved ones - you really are appreciated!
  5. I'm thankful for great authors and wonderful books! You help me get through most weeks and also on a different level, you educate me in things I never knew about. Thank you for some of my peace of mind!
  6. I'm thankful that gas is down to $1.67 a gallon here. Because of this, I'm saving dollars that I now can spend on Christmas!
  7. I'm thankful that I have such great friends who will listen, suggest, and love me for who I am and now what they want me to be. Love ya peoples!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.