Thursday, January 8, 2009

Booking Through Thursday


It’s a week or two later than you’d expect, and it may be almost a trite question, but … what were your favorite books from 2008?

(It’s an oldie but a goodie question for a reason, after all … because, who can’t use good book suggestions from time to time?).

I had several books I just loved in 2008, but if I had to pick a top five it would be:

Heartsick by Chelsea Kane

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

The Book Thief by Mark Zusak

7 comments:

  1. Water for Elephants was one of my top picks too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about The Book Thief and I have a copy of Water for Elephants to look forward to. Glad you liked it. My BTT answer is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end of Water For Elephants is my favorite book ending ever. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Water For Elephants is on my all time favorite list. I just finished The Book Thief and it will be on my 09 list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read The Host last weekend and it blew me away. There were parts where I was sobbing! And Water for Elephants was amazing. I have a few more Sara Gruen books on the TBR list - I hope they live up to the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In looking through the answers to this BTT, I am amazed at the number of people that chose The Book Thief. I was thinking of removing it from my TBR list, but on the strength of you and many others choosing it as one of their best of 2008, I am going to have to keep it on the list.

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.