Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Eye-Catching Wednesday

I love all the book blogs and reviews, but the covers need some fame too! Sometimes the cover of a book doesn't do the pages justice, and sometimes its fantastic. Or, have you ever read a book and the picture of the heroine is totally not represented correctly on the cover? I hate that! Or how about those absolutely fantastic blurbs?! Some of them just pull me right in. A cover can make or break a book, so they are very important. So, I thought I would share a few awesome covers I received lately, and do it every week to get over that Hump! A little eye-candy never hurts :)




The Accidental Human by Dakota Cassidy - I just love this cover! It's whimsical, and tells you right from the get go that its about a human, and theres a werewolf, and maybe some vampires. It tells me this will be a light and funny book just by the way the cover is interpreted. I really love the lamp post! A bit much blue, but looks really fun. I'm looking forward to this one!






Hands of Flame by C.E. Murphy. I really enjoy this series, I really do. But the cover's really bother me. I don't know if the artist never read the pages or whatnot, but the heroine is black with an afro. Doesn't look like her to me on the cover! It makes it a bit distracting when your reading when the cover doesn't match! The flames look cool though, and the font on C.E. Murphy's books is unique. I don't see many in that type.



Lover Avenged by J. R. Ward - Now this book I don't have yet, but I can't wait until it's in my hands. LOVE this series! Anyways, I had to include this cover that is coming out end of April. The artist stayed true to the fact that there are tattoos, as most of the Brotherhood has. It's a dark and sexy cover, and I like how they have added red to the lettering. To me, it symbolizes vampires and love. Don't miss this one coming out soon everyone!!


That's it for this week! Almost over that hump... yeah!!

1 comment:

  1. I love all the covers in Dakota Cassidy's Accidental series! I can't wait for my library to get them :) Love Ward's series too

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.