Monday, June 1, 2009

Blood Ties









Eagle Rock Entertainment To Release

BLOOD TIES

First Season Of The Smash Lifetime Series On 4DVD Set

~June 2, 2009~

Based on Tanya Huff’s “Vicki Nelson” novels – the Blood series – Blood Ties is a one-hour crime drama series, following the misadventures of Vicki Nelson, a feisty, attractive, 29 year old ex-cop turned private investigator with a degenerative eye disorder, who seems destined to sit on the sidelines until fate intervenes, turning her life upside down.


New York, NY -Although Eagle Rock Entertainment are best known for releasing outstanding music DVDs, their audio-visual entertainment programming also includes film, television series, comedy specials, and documentaries. This summer will kick off with the release of the acclaimed Lifetime series Blood Ties – Season 1 on June 2 (Retail Sales Price $26.99, Pre-book Order Date May 13).

This impressive 4DVD set features the original 13 episodes of the series. Bonus material includes a behind-the-scenes documentary and trailer. Blood Ties is based on the book series written by Tanya Huff, which is currently in its 17th printing. Touted as “A Crime Series, With Bite,” Blood Ties follows the wild success of other vampire dramas, such as Twilight and True Blood. Blood Ties is not your typical crime drama, and the release of this 4DVD set is the perfect opportunity for the rabid vampire fans to sink their teeth into a captivating and engaging drama.

The story revolves around private investigator Vicki Nelson (played by Christina Cox), who witnesses a violent murder one night in the streets of Toronto. This is no ordinary murder, and as she searches for the truth, more and more evidence suggests demonic involvement. The investigation leads to an encounter with the suave and alluring Henry Fitzroy (played by Kyle Schmid), who just happens to be a 470-year-old vampire with a vested interest in the case. The two collaborate, and their relationship starts to bloom into something much more than the mission at hand, which interferes with Nelson’s current relationship with ex-partner Detective Mike Celluci (played by Dylan Neal). As the season progresses, Nelson and her cohorts are pulled into an unpredictable swirl of romance, action, and supernatural activity.

Blood Ties Trailer:

http://www.eaglerockent.com/eaglerock/videos/bloodtiestrailer.mov

Eagle Rock Entertainment is an international media production and distribution company operating across audio visual entertainment programming. Eagle Rock Entertainment works directly alongside talent to produce the highest quality programming output covering film, general entertainment and musical performance. Eagle Rock Entertainment has offices based in London, New York, Germany & France.

Reviews and Give-Aways & Contests coming soon.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy:

    Have you read the books? They are way, way better than the series was. IMHO...

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy!

    I love Blood Ties, but I really need to pick up the books. As much as I loved the series, I've heard the books are awesome. I'm going to try the library for these as soon as I have the House of Night Series finished.

    Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just loved this show! I tried one of the books but it was too soon after watching the show. I know I sure am going to miss this :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I think the books of these are on my to-read list, but I've never read them. Can't figure out why, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy:

    I left you a blog award at my spot...

    http://lea-closetwriter.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-awards-contests-and-something.html

    L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi everyone :) No, I haven't read the books or seen the show, but I'm going to be reviewing both, so hopefully I will have my opinion soon. I love paranormal and thrillers/dramas, so I hope I enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.