Monday, March 29, 2010

Flirting with Forever by Gwyn Cready

Campbell "Cam" Stratford works in an art museum and the director is about to retire.  Cam wants the job badly and she her only competition is her sister.  She knows she would be a shoo-in if she was published, but the deadline is drawing close and Cam is no where near ready with her book.

Peter Lely is dead.  He was the portraitist to the king, and was renowned for his well-endowed paintings of many women.  When artists pass, they are monitored by the Guild, who makes sure their reputations stay reputable.  But when a "fictography" is published by one named Stratford, something must be done immediately!

Only someone who has access to a time portal could have known the details so blatantly of the seventeenth-century artists.  The Guild convinces Peter to use a time portal and go back in time to fix things. 

You would think you would get confused with the time bobbing, but it's refreshing to see a character stay true to themselves, in either century.  Cam was full of vitality and fresh; with her confusion and her willingness to go with the flow.  When Cam sits for Peter, the passion simply sizzles.  But then when she returns to her own time and discovers his betrayal, the stakes are raised.  But Peter has something else in mind for Cam, and I won't spoil it for you. 

I love time-travel romance, and Flirting with Forever is fresh, romantic, and a great tumble through time.  I enjoyed reading about the artists of that time and how the men and women dressed.   Their antics were pure joy and the romance heart-warming and irresistible.

This is the first work I've read of Ms. Cready's, but I will definitely be picking up her books in the future! Love romance, time-travel, or both -- give Flirting with Forever a whirl! You will love it!!

** I simply LOVE this cover!! It's so romantic and flirty!!

3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty cover. I'm not a big romance reader. I did like A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux, though, and this one sounds like it could be similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review!! I love historical romance but I don't think I've ever read a time travel book. I might give this one a try, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (I thought I already commented, did it get lost?)


    I enjoyed Ms. Cready's last book, Seducing Mr. Darcy. I definitely recommend it - it's on my keeper shelf. The time travel element was interesting and her characters were fun. I'm looking forward to reading this book as well.

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.