Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Stormrage: World of Warcraft by Richard A. Knaak

I used to play World of Warcraft; I played for quite a few years actually. Then I gave it up. I found there wasn’t enough time for my passion of reading and the game. When I heard about Stormrage though, I thought I’d give it a shot and see if I could find any similarities between the book and the game.

I have to say, Mr. Knaak has done his homework! He knows things that I had no clue about. Stormrage is about the Emerald Dream and its guardians, the dragonflight.

The druids enter the dreams to monitor life on Azeroth because life and nature must have a balance. But recently, those dreams have turned into nightmares and the druids find themselves trapped in the dream world. Even the renowned druid, night elf archdruid Malfurion Stormrage may be a victim of these horrifying nightmares. Thus, begins a quest to free the archdruid.

To be honest, I found Stormrage to be a bit dry. I didn’t care about the characters, although the premise was certainly intriguing. Maybe if I still played WOW, I would have found more to enjoy. My son, who is a big WOW player, is looking forward to delving into this beautifully illustrated covered book. WoW players will enjoy reading more about the legends. A lot of action, some romance, and suspense blend together for this magnicifent story set in the world of Azeroth.

2 comments:

  1. World of Warcraft was the first game that draw my attention on how profitable virtual currency industry can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. o0o0o that's awesome! I also used to play WOW, but haven't for a few months ... it does tend to suck away your time (",).

    I've never really been terribly interested in the lore, but there's loads of people who are (some of my guildies left for a while after Wrath was released, because they wanted to quest and get into the story without any spoilers, hehe), so this should prove pretty popular.

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.