Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



The Postcard Killers by James Patterson & Liz Markland
Release Date: August 16, 2010


From Amazon 


Paris is stunning in the summer
NYPD detective Jacob Kanon is on a tour of Europe's most gorgeous cities. But the sights aren't what draw him--he sees each museum, each cathedral, and each cafe through the eyes of his daughter's killer.

The killing is simply marvelous

Kanon's daughter, Kimmy, and her boyfriend were murdered while on vacation in Rome. Since then, young couples in Paris, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm have been found dead. Little connects the murders, other than a postcard to the local newspaper that precedes each new victim.

Wish you were here

Now Kanon teams up with the Swedish reporter, Dessie Larsson, who has just received a postcard in Stockholm--and they think they know where the next victims will be. With relentless logic and unstoppable action, The Postcard Killers may be James Patterson's most vivid and compelling thriller yet.



What are you waiting for?

8 comments:

  1. It's been forever since I read one of his books...I need to put him back on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know he had another new one coming out. Thanks for the tip. He is an auto read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Patterson in ages and I don't even know why because I like his books. This one reminds me that I have to get back to reading his thrillers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yknow, I STILL have never read anything by James Patterson. Wait, no, I read and didn't really like Sundays at Tiffany's. I want to give his thrillery type stuff a chance, though. Nice pick!

    Mine's here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for checking out my WoW. I've never read a James Patterson book, maybe I should give his books a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of his thrillers, but I liked Sundays at Tiffany's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I'll add it on my list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've given up on Patterson over a year ago, but everytime I see a new one, I'm tempted: ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.