Sunday, June 20, 2010

Mailbox Monday


Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. We share what books that we found in our mailboxes last week. I only received two, but they are fantastic ones!






Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holly Denham

For Review
From Sourcebooks  -  Do you love gossip? If the answer is yes, get ready to pry into Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City (August 2010), the second installment of Holly's Inbox. Readers will be surprised to discover that Holly Denham is the funny, quirky product of a man's imagination! Under the name Holly Denham, Bill Surie writes a novel entirely in emails and texts, speaking directly to the Facebook generation, where users gossip about their friends through messages rather than actually talking to them.  I loved the first one and can't wait to read this one!









Unburdened by Chris Tiegreen
For Review

From Amazon - What wakes you up at night? Worries about your finances or your job situation? Anxiety about your health or the struggles of one of your children? If you feel weighed down by trouble, you’re not alone—but you don’t need to stay stuck there.


I’ve read Chris’s devotions for years, and he regularly speaks truth into my life. Now, in his typically insightful and thoughtful manner, Chris Tiegreen invites you to journey with him as he considers what it means to allow God to carry our loads. While your burdens may still be there when you finish this book, I suspect they will suddenly seem a lot lighter.

What did YOU get this week?

15 comments:

  1. I think I need to read Unburdened. Really! Let us know when you read it and what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was a sequel to Holly's Inbox. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read either of these authors but enjoy! Here is my mailbox:

    http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm intrigued that a guy wrote Scandal in the City...I'll be curious as to how it comes across.

    My MM:

    http://laurelrainsnowcreations.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scandal in the City sounds like it has potential. Really enjoying your blog. Now following! Shari
    myneuroticbookaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally jealous of the new Holly's Inbox! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the heads up on the new Holly book...I'll be wanting to read that one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got Holly's Inbox too. I'm looking forward to diving into that one. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of either one of these! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Holly's Inbox was successful enough to spawn a sequel? That rocks! Have fun with it; I still need to read the original.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your new books! :-)

    Here is my "mailbox": http://suko95.blogspot.com/2010/06/mailbox-monday-more-books-for-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to read the first Holly's Inbox. I hear it's a fun read. Enjoy the new one!

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.