Friday, November 12, 2010

Secrets: You Tell me Yours and I'll Tell You Mine... Maybe TOUR



Following on the heels of the best-selling book The Truth (I’m a girl, I’m smart and I know everything), SECRETS: You Tell Me Yours and I’ll Tell You Mine…maybe! is the continuing diary of a girl moving into her teen-age years. The Girl has plenty to fill her journal.


The pages reveal a new school, a new baby in the family, new friends, a new guy and a new set of issues to face. Enter the secret world of an almost-teen as she learns which secrets to share and which to keep to herself.

The second book in the Truth series, still told in journal form, has the girl in a confusing emotional quandry.  She's excited they just moved to a new house (she has three bathrooms now!), but she's really not happy about the new baby coming or the fact that she has to go to a new school where she knows no one.

She's learning new things about her body; deodorant, shaving, and the dreaded period.  She makes new friends relatively easily and falls in love with a new boy, Rob.  Even when her old friends invite her over, she isn't sure she wants to go - she has new BFF's now.

Very easy to follow, the girl confronts and deals with issues most teenage girls go through. Delightful and charming, this set of books should be on every school library shelf.  I wish these had been around when I was younger!

Next on the Tour:  Monday, November 15th @ The Hot Author Report

These books would be a wonderful gift for a young girl this holiday season or for any occasion! Sorry, I'm keeping mine to give to my ten year old niece :)

Here's a short excerpt:


When I look out of the windows I expect to see the shrubs to my left and the Hudson house and I don’t. Instead I see a big open field that will probably have houses on it by next year. That’s what my father said. And when I look out to the right I expect to see our clothesline and the Dixson’s driveway. Instead I see rose bushes and a wooden bench under a tree that the last owners said we could have.


We had to eat supper off of paper plates and use wooden throw-away forks, knives and spoons because our boxes are still packed. My aunt made us a big picnic hamper of food and that’s what we ate for supper.

My brother already started to play with a kid next door who is about a year older than he is. He is so lucky. I have no one yet and that’s the truth!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.