Sunday, April 3, 2011

Trash Talk - It's Easy To Be Green Vol 1

Trash Talk - It's Easy To Be Green Vol 1 is written by Dave and Lillian Brummet.  In a time when being green is "in", I was delighted to be able to read this ebook.  I've been going green for awhile now, and am always looking for more ways to save money and have less waste.  I'm successful to a point, but I know I can do much better. There are some things I just won't budge on - like my washing machine.  I did, however, invest in a clothes line last year, so I am saving energy on that aspect.

Trash Talk opens with a discussion on the three R's.  “Refuse-Reduce-Reuse
In  that order - before we even consider recycling.  Refuse to buy products that aren't eco-friendly, reduce your consumption and waste, and reuse your products before you need to recycle them.  I found a slew of information on how much we as Americans, really harm our planet.  The numbers are shocking! However, the best way to get those numbers down is to work at it.  The Brummet's book is full of tips of everyday products - how to reuse them, that it will cut down your cost, reduce consumption, reduce waste, and sometimes, it's recycled into something beautiful.

One of my favorites was cereal bags.  Seriously, we eat alot of cereal in my house.  But did you even think about reusing the liner in the box? I buy boxes and boxes of wax paper every year, but now I won't have to ever again.  I can just clean the liner with hot soapy water, rinse and dry.  Cut it along the seam and now I have wax paper! Or, I can leave it as it is, and use it as a sandwich bag or wrap produce in it for the fridge. Such an economical idea.

Brooms.  A whole chapter on brooms and really, did you ever think to cut the bristles down instead of tossing it out and getting a new one? I didn't.  But I'm going to now.  Once the bristles are so low and hard you can't use it, put it in the shop for those tough concrete floors.  Once the broom is really at its end, you can use the handle for a variety of purposes.

There is a large chapter on plastic bags.  You know the ones you get at almost any retailer.  There are so many things you can do with them, and I'm happy to say that I do reuse mine.  I use them for wastepaper baskets and a variety of other uses.  But you can make beautiful things from them or use them for gardening and more.

There are so many subjects touched upon in this book and I know I will be using my copy to refer to again and again.  Gardening, children's toys and clothes, water management and more, you will be delighted with everything discussed in this book.  It's really easy to read and it gets to the point.  I really enjoyed reading it and all of the aspects of going green that I never even thought of.  A really educational look at the greener side of life.

*Try this water saving technique. By placing one or two 16oz bottles of water inside the toilet tank clear of the inner workings it will displace the water level in the tank, reducing water use per flush.

Trash Talk – Its Easy To Be Green! - A 2-part series that allows you to green your life and save money at the same time, helping readers helping lead a more proactive life and leave a positive legacy. Book One discusses the 4-R’s of waste management and the proper order for them. This series offers an average of 129-pages per book packed with ways to reuse, repurpose waste, inspires through education about recycling, offers tips on reducing, refusing and rethinking "waste" issues. The second book discusses more advanced information from energy awareness to indoor/outdoor gardening alternatives, and water conservation. This series contains very little white space with an average 45,000 word count per book, and would certainly benefit your audience. : Brummet.ca

Bio: Dave and Lillian Brummet have been writing professionally as a team since 1999, starting out as free lance writers – which they continue to do today. To date, they have written 3 published books, as well as drum lesson and music CD’s. The Brummets are also the hosts of the Conscious Discussions talk radio show. They supplement these activities with a daily blog and a bi-weekly newsletter in an effort to provide ample information to their audience. The main focus of their work is to inspire hope in individuals, helping them realize the value of their efforts and encouraging them to become more positive, proactive in life.
http://www.brummet.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.