Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Yellow Clutch Society Tour - Author Interview!


   
Hello Denesha can you tell the readers a little more about you?  Where are you from?  Do you have any kids? 

I am from Detroit Michigan; however I am a military brat, so I have lived all over. No I do not have any Kids.

  Can you tell us a little bit more about The Yellow Clutch Society and how it came to be?

 I always say that this story came to me so fast that it was crazy. I started the foundation of the story line then the characters just literally took the story into their own directions. It was if I was the reader believe it or not. If I had to tag music to this story, I could because there were certain songs that went through my head upon writing this Novella I remember the feeling I had in my stomach, I was on edge the whole time. When I finished this Novella, I knew that I would be the first one to tell a story as mysterious as this one.


What made you fall in love with writing?

 When I was in my creative writing class, we were put into groups and we had to exchange papers. One of my group members read the paper and advised my teacher to read a bit out loud. As he began to read, the lecture hall grew quiet. I looked around to see everyone attentive. Hell, I was even attentive, because I couldn’t believe I wrote something so vivid that you could picture yourself sitting there. After class, the professor asked me to have it published. I kind of blew him off, but from that day forth I knew I was in love with writing.


What do you think makes good writing?


 How would you react to a bad review of your book? You don’t react at all. I learned real fast that you cannot please everyone and everyone will not like your book. We live in a world where everyone wants to have the opportunity to make constructive/destructive criticisms.



Do you have any other books out or is The Yellow Clutch Society your first book?

 My first Book was called Tredina’s Portal, It was a good story, but I was a new author with a publishing company that I don’t want to discuss, needless to say I no longer support that book. I will ask people to visit Mirror’s Mirror, if they want to re-visit the kind of story line.

 Do you have any writing rituals?

 Not really, I write all day. Sometimes I will start writing on the back of receipts, scratch paper and my hand, if the story keeps coming.

  Are you reading any books now?

 Dean Koontz –“ Breathless” and an throw back from Agatha Christie “Murder on the orient express” (laughing)


Do you have any favorite authors or any favorite books?

 I love Stephen King!  There are so many different books that I love, I can’t name them all.

   Did you self-publish or go with a traditional publisher?

 I went with a publisher.


 What is the one thing about you that no one knows because no one ever asked?

 Pleading the 5th (laughing)


Tell us about any upcoming projects or current contest!

I will have a close contest called “Chasing the Yellow Clutch “out on June 30, 2012. I am looking for a specific answer in order for the contestants to win a mystery prize!

       My next project will be a tale of two Novellas that will include Damon’s Die-nasty/Mirror’s Mirror. Now this will be followed by a Novella called “Ring Burial”.

Author Stephanie Norris and I, will also be working on a Novella called “wife Swap, so I am excited about that. 


The Yellow Clutch Society

Have you ever wanted to be a part of something so much that you will do whatever is required to in order to enter? Such is the case with Nissi, Brittany, Sedericka and The Yellow Clutch Society. These three friends are anxious to be a part of the Yellow Clutch Society and are they willing to go the distance?

There's mystery, drama, betrayal, illusions, deceit, steamy scenes and mind blowing twist that will have you sitting on the edge of your bed. Author Denesha Sheree, wants to tell you a tale that has never been told before and that will have you asking yourself, "Does membership really have its privileges?

2 comments:

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.