Sunday, November 24, 2013

Shenzhen Knives: 3 piece Ceramic Knife Set Review




Having good knives is essential in the kitchen.  There is nothing worse than a dull or chipped knife because it makes your job so much harder.  Not only that, but sometimes they just aren't easy to clean.  Sometimes the blade or the hilt retains food or odor and it carries over to the next item you're cutting.  Which, I hate when I'm chopping onions or garlic. 

On a different note, I have a paper slicer made from ceramic that I just love.  I never imagined a Knife Set made with ceramic, but it's  ingenious!  I recently had the opportunity to try the Shenzhen Knives.  The set came with a 6.5" Chef's Knife, 5" Slicing Knife, and 4" Paring Knife.





The ceramic knife set came in this box and until I get a block for the knives, I'm storing them in this case.  It works.  The knives are very durable. They aren't really heavy, but they aren't light either.  I love how white the blades are though.   They make my job very easy.  Everything I've sliced is like a pat of butter - so smooth and very precise!


Since they are ceramic, they won't rust! Ceramic is very resistant to oils and acids, and the blades last 10 to 15 times longer between sharpenings than normal blades.  Usually when I'm making a salad, I use a plastic knife because I don't want the leaves to brown.  I never use a steel blade, but I can now get rid of the plastic knife because the ceramic won't brown either! I've been using these knives for several weeks now and I now can't imagine cooking without them.  They really make my job in the kitchen easier and they are so easy to clean and maintain.  Fabulous knives that I highly recommend!





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.