Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Organic Matcha- Green Tea Powder by Kiss Me Organics Review

Green tea,  is known to be incredibly healthy.  It boosts energy and metabolism.  It can increase your focus. It can improve over all skin health.  It's full of anti-oxidants.  It has been rumored to battle cancer successfully. There's even evidence that one of the antioxidants found in green tea can generate new brain cells.


Matcha is finely ground, high quality green tea powder.  It has 137 times the antioxidants found in brewed green tea.  The higher quality the matcha, the more sweet and intense the flavor. It is popularly used in tea, noodles, as a dye, and in Japanese confections.  

I'll be honest.  I don't like green tea.  For years, I've had people trying to push it on me, stating how healthy it is.  If I can't stomach the taste, it doesn't matter how healthy it is.  Now, here's the problem. What I've tried in the past has been factory brewed and bottled green tea.  Or green tea bags.  I don't care for it at all.  I find it bitter with a chalky texture.  

Matcha is definitely different than green tea.  It doesn't have the chalky texture and it doesn't have the bitterness.  I still wouldn't call it sweet, but it's definitely more tolerable.  My discovery into Macha has been slow-moving.  I began by putting a teaspoon in with my coffee grounds when I made coffee.  As I became more bold and began to realize that I didn't hate green tea after all, we diversified into green tea milk shakes, green tea and cilantro bread, and every other idea we could come up with.  Eventually, we grew incredibly bold and made green tea cupcakes with green tea frosting. Delicious!  Honestly, my favorite way to consume green tea!  It was sweet, but still had a slight tea-ish flavor to it.  

Kiss Me Organics offers high quality Matcha that is available only through Amazon.  It's finely ground and organic and can be put into most anything in order to get your daily dose, which is about 1/2 teaspoon to a teaspoon.  I found it incredibly versatile and a great way to change my mind about green tea.  For recipe ideas, check out their website.
Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.