Monday, September 1, 2008

Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs


Anna never knew werewolves existed until the night she survived a violent attack…and became one herself. After three years at the bottom of the pack, she’d learned to keep her head down and never, ever trust dominant males. But Anna is that rarest kind of werewolf: an Omega. And one of the most powerful werewolves in the country will recognize her value as a pack member—and as his mate.

Before you read Cry Wolf, you should read the anthology, On The Prowl. There is a short story in there of Anna and Charles, and its basically the background for their beginning in Cry Wolf. A big fan of Brigg's Mercy series, I dove into this new series with high hopes. While its good, its not great. I never could find that relation to the heroine or hero. I felt like I watched them from a distance, never feeling for them. Brigg's writing style keeps the action flowing smoothly, and there are a few characters I came to really enjoy. I will be reading the next in the series, hopefully I can find that link between myself and the main characters.

For Mercy Thompson fans, there's also a little blurb at the end of this edition for the next Mercy book, Bone Crossed, which addresses some of the issues some people had with the ending of Iron Kissed. Really looking forward to more of Mercy and Adam!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Patricia Briggs. She's one of the reasons I read On the Prowl. I bought Cry Wolf but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.