Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Teasers


Hosted by: MizB (@ http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/)

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • Share the title of the book that you're getting your teaser from... That way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
Here's Mine:

I hate cars. I hate drivers. I hate their little squeals of joy when they find a parking spot. But mostly I hate my benighted parking fairy.

Cracked the cover last night and this line was in the introduction. I can't wait to get home tonight so I can start reading this gem!

How To Ditch Your Fairy by Justine Larbalestier



8 comments:

  1. Okay, here goes:

    "There's a spell known to practitioners as spirit wrack. It's quite dangerous as it bonds thelife force of the warlock to his undead minions."

    oooooh....

    Page 175

    Blue Diablo by Ann Aguirre - ARC copy.

    LOL

    Thanks Wendy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I haven't really thought about picking this book up, but after reading your teaser I might have to reconsider. Thanks for sharing it!

    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's mine:

    "Roar, she did, and howled and moaned. The snow drove against the windowpanes of the east door like sand and sifted down into the garden on the lee side, piling up inch by inch, hour by hour, against the glass."

    Page 184-85
    The Orchard by Adele Crockett Robertson

    Thanks...Missy

    ReplyDelete
  4. DUDE!!! I literally just got this today!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I am glad I do not have a parking fairy. I don't know what sort of fairy I would like to have...

    I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more she said, the more he reacted, the more she found to say and the less worried she felt about sounding stupid.

    Her voice had gone low and ragged and she sipped at the air to to keep it steady. She gave herself up to the white noise in her head, the low, hidden thrum of erotic power she'd craved for so long but which had eluded her for nearly as long.

    page 77 of Taking Care of Business by Megan Hart & Lauren Dane. Releases in the US on 31 March 2009

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've wanted to read this one since I heard about it but then a couple of people said it wasn't as good as it seems :(

    ReplyDelete

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.