ABOUT THE BOOK
Tristan, the Duke of Shelbourne is a man with a mission: find a wife he can tolerate as long as they both shall live. Love is not necessary--nor desired. But how to choose among a dizzying array of wealthy-yet-witless candidates? Hire London's infamously prim and proper matchmaker. Then pretend she's not the most captivating woman he's ever met...
Helping a devilish Duke create a contest to pick his perfect mate is the kind of challenge Tessa Mansfield relishes. Her methods may be scandalous, but she's determined to find the notorious bachelor more than a wife--she'll bring him true love. Yet when Tessa watches the women vie for the Duke's affections, she longs to win his heart herself. And after a stolen kiss confirms Tristan's desire, Tessa knows she has broken a matchmaker's number one rule: never fall in love with the groom.
FIVE FUN FACTS!!
1. Vicky concocted the idea for a Regency-era bachelor competition while watching the hit TV show The Bachelor one night. In a twist of fate, the new season of The Bachelor begins January 3, 2011, the same day as How to Marry a Duke debuts!
2. Prince William is off the market now, but his former status as the World’s Most Eligible Bachelor inspired Vicky to create Tristan, the Duke of Shelbourne, the Most Eligible Bachelor in Regency England.
3. Tristan’s most striking physical traits are his vivid blue eyes and square jaw. Vicky used Henry Cavill, the British actor who starred in HBO’s The Tudors as a model for Tristan.
4. The idea to make her heroine Tessa Mansfield a matchmaker came from Vicky’s love of Jane Austen’s Emma.
5. Vicky writes to music and creates a soundtrack for her books. The theme song for How to Marry a Duke is I Believe in You (Je Crois En Toi) by Il Divo and Celine Dion.
Follow @VickyDreiling on Twitter
Thanks to Hatchette Books, I have three (3) copies to giveaway!
USA and Canada Only. No PO Boxes.
Comments are appreciated, but you must fill out the form to enter. Contest ends January 29th with prizes shipped direct from sponsor.