ABOUT THE BOOK
Miss Julianne Gatewick is in a pickle. It started when her brother's best friend-for whom she's long nursed a secret tendre-agreed to act as her guardian for the Season, only to seduce her with a risqué waltz. But when the music stopped and the expectant ton waited for Marc Darcett, Earl of Hawkfield, to claim her as his own, he made his disinterest clear. Rather than succumb to humiliation, Julianne does what any self-respecting, recently discarded young miss with a wicked sense of humor would do. She secretly pens a lady's guide to enticing unrepentant rakes . . . and it becomes the hottest scandal sheet in London.
Every honorable rake knows that friends' sisters are forbidden. But suddenly Julienne has a spark of mischief in her eyes that Hawk can't resist. Try as he might to push her away, he spends his days listening for her laughter and his nights dreaming of kissing her senseless. He's always avoided innocents and their marriage-minded mothers, but has the man least likely to wed finally met his match?
FIVE FUN FACTS!
1. The Rules and He’s Just Not That into You inspired Vicky to write HOW TO SEDUCE A SCOUNDREL.
2. Vicky writes to music and created a playlist for HOW TO SEDUCE A SCOUNDREL. Readers can listen to the songs on her website. The theme song for the book is Better Man (Pearl Jam).
3. Lady Julianne, the spunky heroine of HOW TO SEDUCE A SCOUNDREL, finds inspiration in Anne Boleyn, who was said to be only moderately attractive but managed to charm everyone at court with her wit and vivacity.
4. A giant statue of Napoleon at Apsley House, the Duke of Wellington’s residence, was the inspiration for the hideous statue of Apollo in the opening scene.
5. One scene involving a decanter of wine and a thumping door is based on something that Vicky overheard. She plans to include a spoiler on her website that details the hilarious incident.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
When she’s not writing, Vicky enjoys reading, films, concerts, and most of all, long lunches with friends. She holds degrees in English literature and marketing. A native Texan, she shares her home with her daughter and a spoiled mini-lop rabbit that lives in a slightly gnawed cardboard cottage.
Thanks to Hatchette Books, I have three copies to giveaway!
Leave a comment with your email
Follow Vicky on Twitter
Follow Minding Spot on Twitter
USA & Canada Only. No PO boxes. Winners have 48 hours to respond to email or a new winner will be selected. Prize shipped direct from sponsor. Contest ends on July 19th.