Monday, June 6, 2011

Simple Steps Canning Guide Review

This canning guide will help you understand what processing does, how canning works and what equipment you really need. It will guide you through the topics found on the Simply Canning Website. Included area some 'Test Your Understanding” self graded quizzes. These will help you determine that you did indeed understand the section that you just read.


Once you understand the basics there are many questions and problems that you will successfully avoid.


Simple Steps also includes tips to make canning day successful.


• Tips for what to do before canning day. How to best prepare.
• How to make canning day go smoothly.
• Tips for canning marathons.
• How to know that your food is safely preserved.
• How to store your jars and food when you are done.
 
I grew up with the sound of PING! My grandma canned and so did my mom.  They always had a garden and fruit trees and canned everything! End of the year harvest was no problem because they would just throw all of what was left into a big pot and make vegetable soup and then can that! The sound of Ping! is the sound of the jars sealing, a sound I associate with my childhood.
 
As I grew to adulthood, I shrugged off those ideals.  Spending hours slaving over a hot stove or canner? For what purpose? I could buy what I needed without all of the work.  But in the past few years, I've realized I want food for my family that is free of preservatives and sprays and harmful pesticides.  I want to share with my daughter what my family let me learn.  Of course I never got to do the canning but I sure peeled and prepped alot of vegetables!
 
Simply Canning takes the hassle out of canning and makes it easy.   The difference between different acidic foods when you can is discussed as well as the difference between a warm water bath and actually using a canner.  Sharon also lays it out in easy to understand terms about the equipment you need to safely can.
 
If you're looking for a good way to utilize your produce later or want to eat healthier, give canning a try.  It really is a lost art and Sharon makes it so easy to understand and follow in this canning guide, Simply Canning, which is also available in a six week course.
 
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a comment. It's appreciated.